These terms and conditions explain the rights and responsibilities of the client and Taylor Services
1. Taylor Services will provide all customers with a written quotation, which will include sufficient detail for the completion of the works. If any clarification is required, please contact us so that we can provide it. Extra works can be provided subject to a written confirmation including cost.
2. A ‘contract’ with Taylor Services is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written quotation headed ‘Quote/Estimate’ submitted directly to the client on an official Taylor Services letterhead and is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties to form a contract.
3. Once a quotation has been accepted (either verbally or in writing) and the client has paid their deposit, then a contract has been entered into and these terms will come into effect. Quotes are valid for one month from the date on the quote.
4. Once the client has entered into a contract with Taylor Services, by paying their deposit, they have a 7 day cooling-off period should they wish to cancel the contract. The client can cancel their contract within 7 days by either phone or email to Taylor Services. (07398 firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8am – 4pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed. Please note that we may be on site until 6pm or on a Saturday. We will get a prior agreement with the client should this happen.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange planning permission, building control and any utility changes (eg Anglian Water). If planning permission is required for the work, Taylor Services may request to see proof that this has been agreed prior to beginning work.
7. Commencement of work is under the assumption of uninterrupted work for the duration of the contract and in accordance with planning permission where applicable. Taylor Services will not be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of delays due to unforeseen circumstances. (eg planning permission delays resulting in work having to stop)
8. Taylor Services will agree with all practical arrangements with regards to working methods with the client in order to provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
9. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery, skips etc.
10. All used or removed materials on-site remain the property of Taylor Services and will be disposed of accordingly,
11. Taylor Services may directly employ or sub-contract labour to work on site. Each sub-contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. Plumbing sub-contracts are CORGI registered. Electricians are Part P certified. Taylor Services will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
12. Taylor Services will provide a payment plan to the client prior to commencement of works. This will usually include a 25% deposit, staged payments and an end payment upon completion of works. Deposits are non-refundable and allow Taylor Services to book work in and agree on a formal start date for works and purchase materials. All materials need to be paid and settled before work commences. Material costs are subject to change based on manufacturer guidelines and promotions. Extra materials may be required dependant on the condition of the property. If additional materials are required the customer will be notified immediately. Please note: In the very unlikely event that Taylor Services have to cancel your work, your deposit will be fully refunded.
13. Invoices will be sent out prior to the relevant payment date and each invoice will serve as a receipt for payment. Payments must be made in a timely manner or work progress may be impeded or ceased (in the case of non-payment). Payments can be made by cash or bank transfer. All invoices include our bank details for bank transfers.
14. Insurance – Public Liability and Employers’ Liability: Taylor Services has Public Liability Insurance and Employers’ Liability to the sum of £2,000,000.
15. All client information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
16. No responsibility is taken by Taylor Services for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
17. We will not be held responsible for the suitability of the existing boilers ability to provide for additional plumbing works. If the existing boiler is found to be unsuitable, this shall be discussed with the client and any parts required shall be supplied at trade cost. If we have to remove existing radiators for any reason (eg plastering) we will not be held responsible for their effectiveness once they are replaced.
18. Taylor Services will endeavour to protect existing surfaces with the use of dustsheets and loose plastic sheeting etc along with care in our working practice. However, responsibility for protection from damage of any existing surface or fabrics etc is the responsibility of the client. The arrangement can be made to put in place protection of existing surfaces, over and above our basic cover, at a negotiated additional cost. We strongly recommend the clients move any expensive or sentimental items before work commences. If we are required to move furniture to undertake our work we will not be held responsible for any breakages or stains that may occur. We, advice clients, to keep all valuables and expensive items safe and secure for the duration of the works, as we cannot be held liable for any theft or loss.
19. Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
20. We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions, availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
21. Taylor Services take pictures of the progress of our projects. We reserve the right to use these pictures in our portfolio of work, on our website and on various social media websites for marketing and information purposes. Please let us know via email at the start of your work if you are not happy with this.